Tuesday, May 3, 2011

FLYING VISIT

A grey fantail has just flown into the living room. I expect he will find his way out. Fantails are more adept at that than honeyeaters.less than a minute ago via Echofon Favorite Retweet Reply



If there's one thing I can't stand, it's God-bothering Honeyeaters and their rubbish pamphlets.

Give them the slightest opening and those bastards will be in your house, making themselves comfortable, and wanting to know if you've accepted Honeyeater Jesus as your personal saviour. They won't take "no" for an answer, and they can't take a hint.

"Oh you're just about to have tea? Well, I'll just join you, then."

"You're on your way to the dentist? Oh, this'll just take a minute of your time."

"You have a highly contagious rash? Well, the Lord is my armour, I shall not want for topical ointment after we've had a little chat about where your soul is headed in the afterlife."

I'll say this about Fantails: they don't muck about. They zip in, nick the silver, and race back out again before the dust has even settled. A bit more expensive than the average Honeyeater visitation, but I'd take it over an extended discussion on "the nature of God's love" any day of the week!

No comments: